Friday, September 24, 2010

Well hello again...

So I've been on a little hiatus from the computer, but now I'm back...and ready to type my life away.  How has my little "changed way of eating" been going?  Fantastic!  Yes!  To my utter amazement I have been sticking with this...

Let me just say that fully surrendering myself to prayer and devotion has helped TREMENDOUSLY.  My husband and I have been doing this together and although there are times that I want to strangle him for cheating, it's fun to actually do something, just me and him.

Everyone at work seems to be on a health kick and some of my closest friends are challenging each other to a good old game of "who can lose the most ? in two weeks".  The winner has to treat the others to lunch.  I opted out of the game because I don't think that it's long enough and I don't really care for the reward.  It seems silly to reward hard work with food.

I had all of my inches and pounds logged on a notebook so I could track my progress.  I woke yesterday searching all over the house for it, and I still haven't found it.  I had a melt down and threw some expletives out there for the world to hear (have I mentioned that this lack of sugar and salt has me a little cranky?).  So luckily I had my starting weight on here too, but my inches are gone.  I do know that I lost 4.5 inches this week.  But now I have to start over for next week.  Ugggghhhh!

I also came back to blogland tonight with a great little surprise!  I was given a blog award by none other than the fantastic Sinn @ Plus-Sized Pin Up.  Thank you sooooo much darlin'  I'm shocked!  I'm just giddy at the thought of having a little award to adorn my little starter blog.  So here it goes...



Answer the question: If you had one chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

The one thing I would have changed in my life is I would have tried harder in school.  During my childhood and early teens I sailed right through school with honor roll and awards for citizenship.

When I hit puberty...it was all about the boys, and friends, and the I'm too cool for school thing.  I slacked big time and tried just hard enough to barely pass my classes.  I never did homework, or projects, no after school sports.  It was all about parties, and boyfriends.  It wasn't until my last semester of my senior year in high school that I actually put some effort into my work.  Let's just say when I graduated, I wasn't at the top of my class.  The disappointing thing for me was that I knew I could have been if I had applied myself. That is something that haunts me to this day...

Now I'm supposed to pass this gem onto 6 other deserving bloggers.  I'm asking for some time on this one.  Since I am soooo new, I need time to scope these ones out.  I already have a few of you in mind.  So all in due time.

Thanks for listening to my daily rant...and thanks for the award!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

xoxo Natalie

4 comments:

  1. Hey Natalie..thanks for following my blog. Your blog is cute. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was wondering where the Skinny Dancer was. Glad to hear you`ve been keeping up with your healthy lifestyle. Enjoy your weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Just came across your blog :) a new follower can't wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you achieve your skinny dance goal!

    If you have a chance, check out my blog too. 100 Pounds Goal. I'd love to hear your comments.

    Best to you!

    ReplyDelete